“If you want to accomplish uncommon things, you need to live everyday of your life uncommonly. If you spend your day like everyone else, you will end up like everyone else.” -Yu-Kai Chou
Download audio file
Gamification. What is it exactly? It sounds like a concept from the future. Gamification is something not many of us know about but it’s not from the future. In short, it is the science and art of applying fun, exciting and addictive elements of games into non-game activities like work.
YuKai Chou, who happens to be the number one Gamification guru is here to talk on this topic. He is a full time consultant and speaker who developed “Octalysis”, a complete gamification framework that helps us understand a great deal about everything we do in the various areas of our lives.
On this episode of The Art of Charm, YuKai joins us to discuss:
- What is gamification and why is it important?
- How does gamification apply to our reality?
- How can gaming become productive, and life become more like a game?
- The 8 core drives of gaming and how they apply to pretty much everything we play
- How to turn your life into a game (or recognize that it is one already)
- How to identify what you want to do in your life and how to build a game plan to achieve mastery
- How to optimize for motivation and persuasion in every area of your life
- How to build a personal brand in a new niche
- How to hit your “first major win” state
Tune in as YuKai lets us in on the secret steps to change everything we do and shows us how to be passionate about the mundane things we normally would be bored with.
You’ll also like: -The Art of Charm Toolbox -Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
More from Yu-Kai Chou