“If you really want to be successful, look at what everybody else is doing and do the exact opposite.” -Unknown
Download audio file
Success requires a lot more than knowing your goals and having the energy to pursue them, it also requires you to be different and exceptional and to use your brain and mind to seize each day rather than your emotions.
Today’s guest is Peter Voogd, who started out as an entrepreneur at the age of 15. He says doing so saved him because he couldn’t pay attention in school and he was never good at working for others. Entrepreneurship was the logical choice for him.
In this episode, Peter tells us why ambition and energy are not enough to thrive in this economy and why self-education and taking action aren’t always the best paths.
We also discuss how action for the sake of taking action is not always a guaranteed win, and…
- Why when you try to catch two rabbits you catch zero.
- Creating a company or personal culture for success.
- How culture is manifested by something inside of us as entrepreneurs.
- Making a plan to interrupt your interruptions.
- Base your decisions and priorities off of standards, principles values and intelligence NOT your emotions (don’t get sucked into what others think).
- Why focusing on the big picture and pre-determining your outcome is REQUIRED for success.
- How passion can only take you so far.
- Creating a master plan to take you from week-to-week while accomplishing your goals.
- Getting from the day vs. getting through the day.
You won’t want to miss this ‘Best of The Art of Charm Podcast’ episode; it’s been downloaded over 100,000 times! Thanks for listening.
Resources from the show:
You’ll also like:
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!