Norm Pattiz (@PodcastOne) is a legendary broadcasting entrepreneur who founded radio syndication company Westwood One in the ’70s and the PodcastOne network in 2013. He’s a member of the National Radio Hall of Fame and one of the most successful and influential businessmen in Los Angeles.
“If you don’t know the rules, you can’t be limited by them.” -Norm Pattiz
The Cheat Sheet:
- Success often depends on spotting opportunity in adversity — Norm knows this better than most.
- Discover what modern podcasting has in common with the heyday of radio broadcasting.
- Hear how Norm transformed the entertainment industry with his ideas and find out what he aims to do with digital media and podcasting.
- Understand how business intersects with influence — political and otherwise.
- Enjoy Norm’s personal Hollywood stories and why he’s never had a bad job in his life.
- And so much more…
Norm Pattiz won’t go as far as to say he invented radio syndication, but he was instrumental in crossing the concept over from his experience in television where the practice was common. This led to Norm’s foundation of the Westwood One radio network in 1976, and eventually PodcastOne in 2013.
In this bonus episode of The Art of Charm, Norm tells us how getting fired from a television sales management job days before his wedding set him on the path of broadcasting innovation that changed the field forever, got him appointed to policy positions by two presidents, put him on the board of regents of the University of California, and landed him in the National Radio Hall of Fame. Lots of great stories from an entertainment industry titan who’s seen it all: listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll down for Full Show Notes and Featured Resources!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Free yourself from typing notes, reports, and documents by going with the transcriptionists we trust here at AoC: TranscriptionOutsourcing.net — 99% or higher accuracy guaranteed!
THANKS, NORM PATTIZ!
If you enjoyed this session with Norm Pattiz, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
Resources from This Episode:
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text 33444 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!