Luisa Zhou (@LuisaZhou) shows ambitious individuals how to use their skills and interests to start a business on the side — that has the potential to generate 2x-10x their full-time salary.
The Cheat Sheet:
- You can start a side business without going all in and quitting the safety of your full-time job.
- Learn how to overcome naysayers and low self-confidence to reach your goals.
- Banish whatever fear of self-promotion you may have in order to shape your brand and reputation instead of passively letting it happen to you.
- Discover how to get comfortable with being uncomfortable and find the confidence to invest in yourself.
- Find out how to be disciplined and make time for what matters.
- And so much more…
Luisa Zhou tells us that her traditional Chinese parents weren’t very supportive of her entrepreneurial ambitions early on. They wanted her to play it safe by going to a good college, landing a secure job, and working hard. But as we’ve learned from past episodes (Dorie Clark’s last appearance here comes to mind), the game of achieving success today has different rules than it did for our parents and grandparents.
In this episode of The Art of Charm, Luisa tells us how (and why) she generated $106k in sales in four months in business — while maintaining a full-time job that was 50+ hours a week. She gives us advice for overcoming the same fears and limitations that initially held her back from pursuing her dreams, and tells us how she went from being the quiet girl in the corner to becoming a leader and online course trainer with a following of over 30k+ people. If you’re trying to take your business idea from the daydream phase to reality, we think you’ll enjoy this episode and find multiple takeaways from Luisa’s experience!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
THANKS, LUISA ZHOU!
If you enjoyed this session with Luisa Zhou, let her know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout out at Twitter:
Resources from this episode:
Also sponsored by:
You’ll also like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!