Time for Fan Mail Friday, where we’ll be answering your questions and dropping some knowledge and feedback to help you kick the weekend off right.
If you’re new to The Art of Charm Podcast, this isn’t a great place to start. Most of our content is more in-depth and longer format. Listen to recent guests General Ann Dunwoody, Rob Reid, Charlamagne Tha God, and Mark Divine for a better idea of our regular programming.
Also make sure to check out our Best Of picks or the Fundamentals Toolbox episodes. There, we’ve got the fundamentals of body language and nonverbal communication, attraction, negotiation, networking, and everything else we teach here at The Art of Charm.
Let’s cut to it! In this episode:
- Here’s an example of advertising selling only emotion because the product itself truly lacks value.
- Best man duties are an honor, but they can be stressful. Here’s our advice for handling them with grace and…charm.
- Learning to run your own business doesn’t have to be a sink or swim proposition if you start it as a side hustle to your main job.
- Do you understand the difference between complicated and complex tasks?
- Suffer from misophonia? There’s a Facebook support group!
- Some listener perspectives on excusamine (as discussed in FMF 126).
- Would you choose to make $50,000 when your coworkers make 25,000, or $100,000 when your coworkers make $200,000?
- How does someone approach dating when they find themselves deviating from social norms in many ways?
- How long should you give a new job a chance before deciding it’s not what you signed up for and move on?
- Documentary(ish) of the Week: Narcos
- Shoutouts to fighter pilot Joey Johnson in South Korea and Joey Svendsen of the Bad Christian Podcast!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]!
- Check out Jordan’s (@TheArtofCharm) other show: The Forbes List, and Jason’s (@jpdef) other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
With an unmatched selection of audiobooks, original audio shows, news, and comedy, Audible is your best source for summertime entertainment. Art of Charm listeners: start a 30-day trial and download your first audiobook for free by going to audible.com/aoc here!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Resources from This Episode:
- Minisode Monday #65 | The Advantages of Being an Amateur
- Dark Territory: The Secret History of Cyber War by Fred Kaplan
- The Butterfly Effect with Jon Ronson by Jon Ronson
- Misophonia Support Group
- Fan Mail Friday #126 | The Ugly Truth About Excusamine
- A Psychologist Explains 3 Ways Power Messes with Your Head by Rachel Gillett, Business Insider
- Jordan’s appearance on the Bad Christian Podcast
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text AOC to 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!