Time for Fan Mail Friday, where we’ll be answering your questions and dropping some knowledge and feedback to help you kick the weekend off right.
If you’re new to The Art of Charm Podcast, this isn’t a great place to start. Most of our content is more in-depth and longer format. Listen to recent guests Aaron Walker, Chase Hughes, Timothy Snyder, and Brian Brushwood for a better idea of our regular programming.
Also make sure to check out our Best Of picks or the Fundamentals Toolbox episodes. There, we’ve got the fundamentals of body language and nonverbal communication, attraction, negotiation, networking, and everything else we teach here at The Art of Charm.
Let’s cut to it! In this episode:
- As a “nice guy,” how do you let go of an ex — who attempted suicide when your relationship ended — without feeling heartless?
- Listener feedback for Nouveau Tech (from FMF 119) about how to respond next time the opportunistic entrepreneur ex makes contact.
- Listener Sweet Cheeks weighs in on what she does when male coworkers dismiss her statements with infantilizing condescension.
- Sometimes even gun-toting manly men need real talk from honest friends — boundaries be damned!
- When you’re fresh out of college, don’t be too quick to dismiss the experience you can get in your ideal field from working at a non-ideal place of employment.
- Listener Westbound and Down tells us how he used Reddit to ask questions of locals prior to moving to a new town.
- Is there a kind way to discourage stalker-like attention from a socially awkward person without crushing their ego?
- Can you help people get through the ordeal of being bullied without disclosing specific details surrounding your own ordeal?
- How does Jordan’s advice in MM 57 to “treat everyone [we] meet as if [we’re] going to know each other forever” apply if the person we’re meeting happens to be a jerk right off the bat?
- A documentary recommendation.
- Quick shoutouts to the anon fan who gave Jordan some Bitcoin, and Nicholas and Amanda Bayerle of Billion Dollar Body!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]!
- Check out Jordan’s (@TheArtofCharm) other show: The Forbes List, and Jason’s (@jpdef) other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Resources from This Episode:
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: A Proven Plan For Getting What You Want in Love, Sex, and Life by Robert Glover
- Dr. Robert Glover | No More Mr. Nice Guy (Episode 145)
- Fan Mail Friday #119 | Anger and Dopamine
- Minisode Monday #57 | The Way We Treat the Ones We Meet
- Winter on Fire: Ukraine’s Fight for Freedom
You’ll Also Like:
- The Art of Charm Challenge (click here or text 38470 in the US)
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Elite Human Dynamics
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!