In today’s episode, we cover talking to strangers with AJ and Johnny.
You never know what friend, business partner, or love interest you’ll meet by striking up a conversation with strangers in your daily life, but how do you create engaging conversations with anyone, what two things do you need for great conversations, and how do you make an unforgettable first impression?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- How is technology harming our ability to hold conversations and how do we overcome it?
- Why is it important to your health and social life to make small talk with strangers?
- Simple Techniques for Talking to Strangers – 23:16
- What tips can you use to have fun conversations with strangers?
- How do you know what to talk about with strangers?
- How do you give a compliment to a stranger?
- The Art of Charm Conversation Formula – 37:05
- What is the formula for great conversations?
- How do you have a good conversation with anyone?
- What are the two things you need to have great conversations?
- Why is vulnerability important in conversations and how can you be vulnerable without being too vulnerable?
Small talk is important because it helps us to get to know other people, learn about new things, and build relationships. It can also help you feel more connected and socialize when you may be feeling lonely or isolated. To know what to talk about with strangers, think about the setting you’re in and try to find a common ground or interest that you share. The formula for great conversations is simple: ask open-ended questions, listen attentively, and then share something personal about yourself. Having a good conversation with anyone is all about being vulnerable and letting your guard down a little bit. Don’t be afraid to share some of your own experiences or feelings, as long as you do so in a way that isn’t overwhelming or off-putting.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalog when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- The Secret to More Engaging Small Talk
- Toolbox | 3 Steps to Break Out of Small Talk and Instantly Build Rapport
Check in with AJ and Johnny!