In today’s episode, we cover hunting discomfort with Sterling Hawkins. Sterling is the CEO and founder of the Sterling Hawkins Group, a research, training and development company focused on human and organizational growth, and is the author of Hunting Discomfort: How to Get Breakthrough Results in Life and Business No Matter What.
Discomfort is an inevitable aspect of getting anywhere in life, so what are the 5 kinds of discomfort we all face, what are the ways we all deal with discomfort that make it worse, and how can you leverage discomfort to turn your dreams into a reality?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- Why do you risk everything you’ve worked for when you avoid discomfort?
- What are the 3 default ways we try to deal with discomfort that only make the discomfort worse?
- How to Evolve through Discomfort – 11:20
- What can you do to adopt a mindset that embraces discomfort and leverages discomfort to evolve as a person?
- What are the 3 kinds of beliefs and how do they drive everything you do?
- Hunting Discomfort vs Danger – 20:11
- What is the difference between seeking out discomfort and doing dangerous things because they’re dangerous?
- What are the 5 types of discomforts we all face?
- The Necessity of Discomfort – 40:50
- What can you commit to in order to force yourself to get comfortable with discomfort?
Discomfort is a part of life. It’s what we do with discomfort that determines whether or not it will have a negative impact on our lives. When we avoid discomfort, we risk everything we’ve worked for. But when we embrace discomfort, we can grow as individuals and achieve things we never thought possible. So how do you start embracing discomfort? You can start by making a commitment to yourself get comfortable with discomfort. And then you can begin to experiment with different ways of introducing discomfort into your everyday life so that it becomes a regular part of your existence. Are you ready to take the challenge?
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalog when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- Sterling Hawkins’s website
- Hunting Discomfort by Sterling Hawkins
- Hunting Discomfort Quiz
- Sterling Hawkins on Instagram
- Sterling Hawkins on Twitter
- Sterling Hawkins on LinkedIn
Check in with AJ and Johnny!