In today’s episode, we cover parenting and the CIA with Christina Hillsberg. Christina is a former CIA intelligence officer, writer, and recognized expert on women in espionage, intelligence tradecraft, and parenting, and the author of License to Parent:
Being a parent is hard enough already and now we have so much technology to worry about, so how do you teach your kids to build trust and to know who to trust, how do you properly regulate their access to video games and the internet, and how do you teach kids to recognize and avoid danger?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What should you study or work toward if you want to eventually work for the CIA or other intelligence agencies?
- Teach kids to build relationships – 14:22
- How do you teach your kids to deal with bullies in school?
- How do you build trust with your kids or stepkids?
- Dealing with kids and videogames – 30:30
- How do you regulate the access to video games and the internet that your kids have to keep them safe?
- How do you teach your kids what information to trust online as well as who to trust online?
- Avoiding danger – 42:50
- How do you teach your kids to avoid danger?
- What can you do to alleviate the worry and anxiety you feel as a parent?
Raising kids in the digital age is a daunting task. It seems like every day we are faced with new challenges and questions about how to keep our children safe and help them grow into well-adjusted adults. But it’s important to remember that we aren’t alone in this struggle. There are plenty of resources available to us, both offline and online, and it’s important to make use of them all.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- Christina Hillsberg’s website
- Christina Hillsberg on Instagram
- Christina Hillsberg on Twitter
- License to Parent: How My Career as a Spy Helped Me Raise Resourceful, Self-Sufficient Kids by Christina Hillsberg
Check in with AJ and Johnny!