The Art of Charm is brought to you by BetterHelp. Visit betterhelp.com/charm today to get 10% off your first month.
In today’s episode, we cover self development and acceptance commitment therapy with Art of Charm alumnus Nishant Patel. Nishant went through the Art of Charm bootcamp 15 years ago and went on to become a successful practitioner of Acceptance Commitment Therapy.
The stories we tell ourselves define how we see the world and interact with the people around us, so what are these stories we tell, how do you tell if they’re helping or hindering you, and how do you tell yourself better stories to achieve your dream life?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- How did the pickup era start?
- Why was the Art of Charm started?
- The origin of self-development for men – 11:49
- Why do men get into self-development?
- What is life like after an Art of Charm bootcamp?
- How do humans see the world? – 28:06
- What stories do we tell ourselves that shape how we live in this world and interact with other people?
- How do you learn to be better at life?
- Why should you meditate? – 43:22
- What is meditation and how can it reduce your suffering?
- What are the 4 practical benefits of meditation that will change your life?
We are gifted powerful minds as humans but without any documentation to explain how to use them. Self-development acts as a manual to understand and leverage the minds we are given. Men often find their way into self-development through dating because in order to have success in the world of dating, men need to be high value to consistently attract women. And becoming high value takes a lot of work. Self-development allows us to understand who we are and what we need to do to get to where we want to be.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Are you ready to take your career to the next level in 2023? Looking to grow your high-value social circle?
You are one relationship away from changing your entire life.
Listen: your social circle, professional network, and lack of confidence are thwarting your attempts at accelerating your career.
But there’s something you can do about it.
After coaching over 10,000 clients including military special operators and Fortune 500 executives we’ve learned a thing or two about what it actually takes to grow your network. In fact, over 90% of the amazing guests on this show are from referrals in our personal networks.
We’ve packaged our best insights inside a course called, Social Capital. And, as a thank you for being a podcast listener, we want to give you this training for FREE to start 2023.
To get your hands on this training and immediately start improving your relationships, go to theartofcharm.com/sc
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don’t crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you’ll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- The Art of Charm Bootcamp
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Voice of Knowledge: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Work of Byron Katie
Check in with AJ and Johnny!