If something can be learned, it is a skill. If it’s innate, it’s a talent. The reality: most so-called talents are skills in disguise, so stop making excuses that you’re not talented enough to do things and skill up!
Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable — to make you more magnetic and effective — that you can implement right away.
Let’s get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- The concept of “talent” is overrated.
- If something can be learned, it is a skill. If it’s innate, it’s a talent.
- A lot of so-called talents are really skills in disguise.
- If even one person can learn something through study, coaching, and effort, it’s learnable — therefore, a skill.
- Next time you put off an activity because you think you’re not “talented” enough, try to determine if you’re just using it as an excuse. Maybe you avoid shooting hoops with your coworkers on lunch break because you think they’re all so much more talented than you. While it might be true that you suck at basketball, it’s a skill you can improve with practice.
- If you want to learn the skill of systematically attacking belief systems, building confidence, and forming personal and professional relationships we invite you to take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today’s Minisode Monday into practice! Tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he actually reads everything)!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text AOC to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
Listen to The Art of Charm, Forbes, and hundreds of your favorite podcasts with the free PodcastOne app (on iOS and Android) here!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
You’ll also like:
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!