Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable — to make you more magnetic and effective — that you can implement right away.
As much as we might wish otherwise, personal growth isn’t a comfortable process. AppSumo and OkDork‘s Noah Kagan rejoins us for this Minisode Monday to talk about how we can at least make sure it’s a good discomfort rather than a bad discomfort.
Let’s get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- In order to grow, you have to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Not all discomfort is guaranteed to help you grow.
- Learn to tell the difference between the “good” discomfort that teaches you valuable lessons and “bad” discomfort that puts you through some kind of an ordeal without benefiting you in any way.
- Noah compares eating so much food that you can barely waddle away from the dinner table (bad discomfort) to going for a seven-mile walk with a good friend that results in sore legs — but stronger muscles and better endurance — and excellent conversation (good discomfort).
- Sometimes your brain will try to convince you the discomfort on the intended path ahead is bad when it’s really good — we’re excellent at making excuses to avoid discomfort entirely.
- This week, try to step outside of your comfort zone in a way that promotes good discomfort. Noah recommends something simple: “Get out your phone right now and text someone something you wouldn’t normally text them.” It’s an easy way to work out your discomfort muscle with minimal danger (though Jordan offers a few caveats you’d be wise to consider first).
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 38470.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today’s Minisode Monday into practice! Leave a comment below, tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response, or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he reads everything)!
Take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 38470. We’ll take you step by step to becoming better at making personal and professional connections, becoming a better networker, increasing your personal social capital and charisma. This is for both men and women!
If you’re only going to take one supplement to boost energy, balance nutrition, and aid digestion, then Athletic Greens, with its 76 natural ingredients, is what we recommend. Art of Charm listeners get 50% off here!
Listen to The Art of Charm, Beyond the Darkness, and hundreds of your favorite podcasts with the free PodcastOne app (on iOS and Android) here!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
You’ll also like:
- The Art of Charm Bootcamps
- Best of The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Toolbox
- The Art of Charm Toolbox for Women
- Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
On your phone? Click here to write us a well-deserved iTunes review and help us outrank the riffraff!