Dating After Divorce
Hey guys welcome to your new beginning. These dating tips for guys will teach you how to start dating again. This is where it starts and we want to help you take charge and enjoy this new start. Sure your life has been turned upside down and things are a bit different now than when you were raising hell several years ago, but with a few tips and a little gumption you could be in for some really fun times and new loves. Just remember, dating after divorce is not as hard as it may sound.
Top five reasons why your situation is not nearly as bad as you think.
- You are older, wiser and mature. Most women are looking for older men who have their act together. Have you seen what young men are offering the ladies nowadays? You are looking damn good, right?
- The Internet has made building social circles and dating so much easier. Use www.meetup.com to find cool events and like-minded people in your area. Also Internet dating has lost its stigma and is widely popular with adults who are too busy with their careers to hangout at the local watering hole looking for a match.
- Through experience, you are old enough to know what you want, which makes finding it easier. Now you have a choice of going after it rather than waiting for it to come to you. A man who knows what he wants is very attractive to a woman and does not need to know how to create attraction. It comes naturally.
- Divorce is not a mistake anymore. It is very common in this day and age. Think about the lessons you have learned from it. You got back up after it. This makes you a stronger and better man.
- Just because you have been divorced does not mean you have a lot of baggage. The only baggage you have is the baggage you take with you.
Check out these free podcasts to learn how to have your swagger once again..
1. Having a map to guide you through an interaction can help you take the interaction where you want it to go.
- Think back to your last few interactions with women. Where do you think you could have done better? How are you at being funny? How are you at creating a connection? Have you identified weak points?
- Go out this week with the sole purpose of meeting a few new people. Don’t worry about anything except having light conversation. Stay away from negative topics, especially ones about the divorce or your ex.
- 3. Remember, just because you are single does not mean you need to be out all hours of the night or go to those loud and immature playpens called “Nightclubs” unless you want to. Check out other options like happy hours, dancing or cooking classes and other such networking events. Try having dinner at a nice restaurant or bar rather than by yourself at a table. This will allow for you to be more social.
2. Banter will help you generate attraction and have you appear to be a fun and witty guy. Learn how to sharpen this skill.
- Now that we have a few banter lines put together let’s take it up a notch. When you go out this week, start off your conversations with some banter as quickly as possible. Perhaps something like, “Hello, you look like trouble. What’s your name?” Keep it lighthearted and fun.
- High five at least 5 women and five guys while you’re out this week. This should help you get in the mood of being out and having fun.
- Check out www.meetup.com for some fun events that pique your interest. Mingling with people who share your interests will take the pressure off the interactions and allow them to come more naturally. Pick 4 different events to attend this month.
3. Now that you are more mature and experienced, you know what it is you want. Learn how to filter in exactly what you are looking for in a woman.
- Now that we are clear in showing our interest in a subtle way get used to using this line of questioning with all of your interactions. Take notice how the interaction changes and she begins to show more interest in you.
- Once you begin to qualify a few women, take your time and move into more genuine connection building by being curious as to who she really is.
- If these things have worked out well and you are interested in her, it’s ok to get her number. Don’t ask if she will give it to you. Just assume she would give it to you.
For more information on social dynamics and dating tips check out www.theartofcharmacademy.com
Check out these other resources for more insight on your situation.
Two great articles on preparing yourself for the dating world from www.about.com
Psychology today has this great article about a few dos and don’ts for getting back in the dating pool.
Come join us at The Art of Charm. Not only will you learn how to be a better man; we will also teach you how to have swagger and how to start dating again.